THIS IS AN EXAMPLE OF THE LEASE YOU WILL SIGN UPON BEING APPROVED AS A TENANT.
1. Occupants: The said premises shall be occupied by no more than the adults and children listed in agreement.
1 A. Tenant is responsible for any issue that arises as a result of negligence on their part or anyone in the rental unit. The tenant must call the owner first then a licensed repair man at their cost. Negligence is defined by the owner. Tenant may not withhold rent to compensate for any cost associated with the negligence.
2. NO PETS SHALL BE BROUGHT ONTO THE PREMISES UNDER ANY CONDITION.
3. No business shall be conducted on the premises & lessee shall not assign this lease or sublet premises.
4. The lessee confirms that the premises are free of bedbugs, ticks and accepts it in AS IS CONDITION. Should a bedbug or tick enter the apartment, it is the sole responsibility of the lessee to call an exterminator and the leasee immediately and to pay any and all cost associated with the issue until it is resolved. Violation will result in immediate termination.
5. If lessee fails to pay rent on or before the due date, lessee shall vacate the premises immediately. Lessor shall perform the full extent of the law, all provisions and remedies to remove the tenant and recoup money owed.
6. Lessor or assigned reserve the right to enter the property at all reasonable hours to inspect or repair. Lessee will be given at least 24 hours notice unless an emergency, then the lessor has the right to enter and investigate the problem. Lessee agrees to not change the any locks on the premises.
7. The property has a monthly allowance for electric $0, water $100. Any overage is the responsibility of the lessee and will be treated as rent and must be paid within 3 days.
8. If the rent is not in the lessor's hands on or before the 3rd of each month, a $40 late fee will be due and an addition $5 per day thereafter.
9. If the rent is not paid when due, an eviction notice will be posted, lessee will have 3 days to pay the total rent and late fees or vacate the property.
10. Any guest must be accompanied by the tenant at all times or are subject to removal by police. Guest may not use other tenants' parking spaces; they must park along the road if there are not enough spaces. No water beds, swimming or wading pools or trampolines are allowed under any conditions. ANY ILLEGAL ACTIVITY IS GROUNDS FOR IMMEDIATE TERMINATION OF LEASE.
11. Any air-conditioning is provided for the convenience and is not related to payment of rent.
12. Lessee shall purchase and maintain all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide alarms. It is up to the tenant to purchase renters insurance.
13. All tenants must respect their neighbors' right to peaceful enjoyment of their home. Fighting, cursing, yelling, loud music or cars, or bad behavior of your child is not allowed.
14. Only running vehicles with tags are allowed on the property.
15. Yard shall be kept neat, clean and free from garbage, household furniture, tools and junk. NO YARD SALES ARE ALLOWED ON THE PROPERTY.
16. No tenant shall allow any former tenant who was evicted or moved from any of the properties owned by Horizon Rentals LLC while owing money to stay in their unit even for one night. VIOLATION OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN TERMINATION OF THE LEASE IMMEDIATELY.
Payments of rent are credited in the following order:
1. all late fees are paid
2. all utility overages are paid
3. all past due rents are paid
4. only after all the previous is paid, future rent is credited
MAINTENANCE ISSUES: Call Carolyn at 850.867.6235, leave a detailed message of the problem and a phone number you can be reached. Normal business hours are M-F 9-5. Only in the case of an extreme emergency should a tenant call after hours or on the weekend.
BY CLICKING SUBMIT, YOU ARE AGREEING TO THE TERMS & CONDITIONS TO THE ABOVE AGREEMENT.